Monday, January 30, 2017

Jackie 2.0

One afternoon, on our way home from work, Ing and I talked about the great impact of minimalism into our lives (mine, especially). Ever since I let go of my stuff, all the important things that I should do popped right into my eyes. 

Thing is, I always have a lot of ideas on my mind which I just usually keep for my own musing or sometimes I share it to a friend who probably thought I am such a weird individual. Just like what I've said, I just have the idea but I don't do anything about it. There were heaps of opportunities that I let slip by leading to myriad of regrets that kept on hunting me until this day. I have a lot of "what ifs" and "if onlys".

What a waste! I now want to take the challenge and I don't want to let pass any opportunity anymore! That's why this year, I told myself that if I think that I have a great idea, I will go for it! And that my friend is the reason why it took me ages to write another entry.  It was toooooo hectic!

I was super busy this past few months that's why you haven't heard from me.  I was working on Christmas Day. I have a client who wanted to propose to his girlfriend. So my business partner for Mrs. Spark and I organized a candlelight dinner and was so happy that it turned out to be awesomely romantic! We did 2 set ups for them. One is for candle light dinner and one for the actual proposal. To cut it short, it was a success and the most important thing is that the girl said YES! wohooooo!!!

I was also busy baking cookies. My friend and I thought of selling cookies (Soul Sisters) since the profitability during CNY season is very promising. It was also a success and was way beyond our expectations. 

I was also busy preparing for my hosting stint for my company's annual dinner. Though I've been doing it yearly for 3 years in a row now, this year happened to be the busiest and the most challenging. I suggested some changes in the format this year and tried something different. So I had to write my own script and it was damn hard! Nonetheless, the event was successful and it received good reviews. Wheiiiiwww!!!

I can feel that the year 2017 have a lot to offer.  I can sense a lot of opportunities coming my way. 
Maybe because I started the year right. Not only talking about the success of my small side shindigs but also because I finally had the courage to reach out to those people I had rift with. I wanted to start fresh. So no matter what happened in the past, no matter how much pain some have brought me, No matter how impossible I thought to rekindle the friendship once again,  I put my one foot forward and reached out to these people, I apologized, greeted them Happy New Year and tried the best I can to show my sincerity. 

God knows how many times I tried in the past to type a message but I always end up clearing it and say "NAHHHH... Not a good idea Jackie!" For the past few years I realized that my EGO ruled me and it felt so heavy. I felt like carrying a bag full of blocks that though things are doing great in my life, there is always something lacking..I wasn't fully happy. 

Out of the 3 people I messaged, all of them replied! Thank God! It was such a relief. But out of those 3, there is this particular person who made me cry upon seeing her message. The biggest block among the 3. She was one of my bestest friend way back in College. I treated her like my sister. But things got sour after she left and believe it or not I cannot remember anymore how it started. All I know is it doesn't matter anymore. The wounds have already been healed and I believe we are both in a good place now. We are friends now in IG and managed to scroll (not stalk! haha) her page and it surprised me to see a post of hers about 3 years ago, of a picture of me and her with a caption of reminiscing about our past bondings. I was in so much regret that I should have messaged her long time ago. I shouldn't have let my EGO get into the way.

2017 for me is a clean slate, a new beginning. I thank God for all the blessings he has been pouring in my life despite of all my shortcomings. This year, I want to be a better person, a better version of my self. I want to learn more, I want to do more, I want to showcase all my capabilities. God has given me a handful of talents that I refused to use all these years, and now I think it's time to showcase these talents not for people to see how talented I am but to make people realize that every person can be a better version of themselves if they want to. 



Ladies and Gentlemen, I am happy to announce that the 2017 year of the rooster will be a year of metamorphosis, the year of transition from Jackie to Jackie 2.0



Laterz!

No comments:

Post a Comment