This was meant to be written as a facebook post but as I express my rancor over this issue, my post got longer and longer as I typed then I realized that I should make a blog about it. I used to empathize with taxi drivers. I kind of understood where they are coming from since driving is their bread and butter unlike with some of the uber/grab drivers who are doing it for extra income (apart from their full-time job) or doing it plainly for fun. But today, I don't know if I still have the same empathy.
Today, I heard about an incident that occurred yesterday around the E-mart Riam. A grab car driver's window got smashed by 4 bandits who were allegedly hired by some taxi drivers. Apparently it is a threat gesture to warn all grab/uber drivers who are obviously getting more passengers than these morons.
But seriously? Are they really that desperate that they cannot think of anything else except violence to save their "dying business"? Have they ever thought of adjusting their prices and improve their services in order to gain the competitive edge? Have they ever asked themselves "WHY" the clients are shifting to the competition?
The problem is they resist change. They knew this was coming but instead they were reactive. They just sat down and watched the competition took over the market. They became complacent and now that it is greatly affecting them, they waste their time thinking how to eradicate the opponent. Instead of becoming proactive by taking some steps to improve their services, they chose to think like toddlers by chucking a tantrum.
Let's be clear about this: There is no such thing as zero competition. Competition is inevitable specially on this era. Competitors will constantly attempt to steal market share by using any strategy available. The competition will always look for your weaknesses and will start from there. The next thing you know, they are better than you because of your complacency.
I am sorry to say this but you have been in the business for a long time and never in those years that you have taken the initiative to make your services better. Some of you have taken advantage of us by overcharging specially during rainy season and peak hours. I had countless terrible experiences with your business. You have to face the reality that people have already lost their confidence in you. Disappointment on your services fueled our willingness to consider the alternatives. We shifted mainly because we have lost our confidence because you have been betraying us for so many years.
Do you honestly think that people will restore their faith in you by doing this act of intimidation?
I dont!
Do you think that this act will eradicate the competition?
Hell No! Grab Car and Uber are now worldwide phenomena. People all over the world are not only ditching the taxis, they are also ditching their own cars. Realistically, there is nothing that you can do about it.
PROPOSED SOLUTION: Upgrade your business model, ADAPT to the ever changing world, listen to your customers, design a good pricing strategy and incorporate anything that can create a more solid customer relations and Topnotch services. It's now or never...

No comments:
Post a Comment